LIFELONG LEARNING from McKenzie Study Center
- Is There a Christian Environmental Ethic? by Charley Dewberry. Defines, discusses, and compares environmental ethics. (6/07; posted 1/08)
- Is Design Science? by Chris Swanson. Looks at the philosophical assumptions behind the scientific community's view of intelligent design. (11/05; posted 1/07)
- A Review of Darwin’s “The Origin of Species” by Charley Dewberry. Explains and critiques the argument of "one of the most important books written within the past 150 years." (3/92; posted 2/01)
Audio series with talks related to Science.
- If you use iTunes to manage your audio/video files, you can download many of these files at our iTunes U site.
- Many of the MSC audio files below were first recorded at Reformation Fellowship, where some of the MSC staff teach.
- Environmental Ethics: Does Christianity Have Anything to Say?. The battle over environmental ethics has been a dominant theme during the last fifty years. Dr. Charley Dewberry--a tutor at Gutenberg College, a stream ecologist, and the author of Saving Science--looks at the nature of the battle and examines what Christianity has to say about it. (This series was presented in Spring 2007 as an evening class of McKenzie Study Center, an institute of Gutenberg College.) (Also on iTunes)
- Faith & Science (Summer Institute 2006). Using the intelligent design debate as a test case, the Gutenberg College 2006 Summer Institute, Faith & Science, explored through discussion of assigned readings and these lectures the relationship between faith and reason, between the principled reading of the Bible and the principled pursuit of scientific inquiry. (Also on iTunes)
- Foundations of Knowing the Truth. A series designed to promote an understanding of the basis upon which a person comes to know what they know to be true from a biblical point of view. These talks were given as part of McKenzie Study Center's Biblical Worldview Program in 1991-1992. McKenzie Study Center is now an institute of Gutenberg College. (Also on iTunes)
- Intelligent Design: Truth or Error?. Dr. Charley Dewberry--a tutor at Gutenberg College, a practicing scientist for over thirty years, and the author of Intelligent Discourse--examines Intelligent Design and the reaction to it. (This series was presented in Spring 2007 as an evening class of McKenzie Study Center, an institute of Gutenberg College.) (Also on iTunes)
Want more? Subscribe to our newsletters and blogposts.
If this ministry is helpful to you, please consider supporting it as you are able. Even small donations help. Thank you.
Visit our bookstore.